Old 03-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny
Default Gold Cup

Anyone watch the gold cup today?

I took the day (well, afernoon!) off work and traded all the races. What a great way to spend a friday afternoon! With over 10 Million pounds matchd on betfair alone on one race it was a hectic day in the exchange markets.

Congrats to Denman for winning a great race......and making me some cash! I got myself in a position to have a free 60 pounds bet and left it completely on denman. Great result!
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Elvis

Advanced Member

Shouts:

never seen race but heard on radio the owner is a big punter he lost 3.5 million on new zealand to win rugby world cup.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Yeh I heard that Paul. it serves him right! They were trading at less than 1.5 for months before the world cup. That meant if you put 100 pounds on you would only get 50 pounds back! Crazy odds!!!

Today was a decent day profit wise for me!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
Thebomb

liddle bit poster nearly non poster

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Yeh I heard that Paul. it serves him right! They were trading at less than 1.5 for months before the world cup. That meant if you put 100 pounds on you would only get 50 pounds back! Crazy odds!!!

Today was a decent day profit wise for me!
heard it on the radio at work but missed what odds it was.....how much did you win excatly?? and could you lend me some money?? my girl has a sick buffalo in burriram and her mum needs operation also....hard times for these poor thai people....i think we should help
Thebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebomb View Post
heard it on the radio at work but missed what odds it was.....how much did you win excatly?? and could you lend me some money?? my girl has a sick buffalo in burriram and her mum needs operation also....hard times for these poor thai people....i think we should help
Not a massive amount on that race (about 40 pounds?) but over the course of the day I did ok. I trade the odds on betfair so although I only make a small amount per race over the course of a day there are 30-40 races. Suddenly 10 pounds a race can turn into a decent amount!

As for the sick buffalo....Macks probably giving her a decent contribution as we speak.....!