Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 12:34 AM   #632
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

The BIG ONE is on Saturday. I don't care where India & South Africa are on the table or how well they are playing. The main game is on tomorrow.

The Empire vs The Colony

Positions on the table mean sweet FA

England not playing well and is virtually out of it against Australia trying to stay in contention. My man, Mitch Marsh, is out due to"a family issue" which usually means someone is shagging his missus I shouldn't joke as it probably is something serious. Maxwell is also out so there is a couple of blows to the Aussies. I see my other man, Aaron Hardie, mentioned as a replacement for mighty Mitch if needed. Where is Cameron Green then? He must be totally out of form or something.

Anyway, Joey thinks England will win.

From Cricinfo

Quote:

Joe Root says he is hurt by the fact that England are propping up the group-stage table of the World Cup after five defeats in six games. But he still believes that they are capable of beating Australia on Saturday in Ahmedabad, and said on Thursday: "Man for man I'd have this team every day over the Australians."

"I look at this team and it's more than capable of achieving way more than it has done throughout this tournament," Root said. "The quality of players we have, we should be sat right at the top of this [table]. We all know that, and we're all very frustrated that this isn't the case.
And this

Quote:

Australia have enjoyed England's plight from afar, though Marnus Labuschagne said on Wednesday that they see them as a "dangerous" team. Root was asked specifically about how he felt when he saw Pat Cummins, Australia's captain, stifling his laughter during a press conference when questioned about England's struggles.

"Let's face it: if it was the other way around, would we be doing the same? Probably," Root said. "It hurts - it always hurts to be in this position to be sat at the bottom of the table. It's not what we expect of ourselves. If it motivates us a little bit more, then great."

Looking forward to it. As per usual, I shall have a lottery ticket on the result of the game with Adam.

Despite all the big races on in Australia and especially the Melbourne Cup next Tuesday, that is about the limit of my gambling these days. New phones, laptops, and especially gold (as usual) are quite pricey these days