View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Default Motosai helmets in Pattaya-where to buy and what kind?

Eventually I'll need a top-notch helmet (price not a consideration for something as important as that to me). I bought one at Carrefoure after the one loaned to me at the moto-rental shop appeared very flimsy to me, but the Carrefoure one is not that good either. The one I bought doesn't have a face shield for one thing, something I noticed would be good to have as I drove fairly fast down a mostly vehicle-free 2nd Road about 6 A.M. one morning and a big bug smashed into my cheek. I wear glasses but am not experienced in riding and didn't think that a bug into the cheek could be so distracting, but it was to me.

I want a helmet that gives me the best chance of protecting my head if what seems to be the inevitable happens....a Thai talking on a cell phone while balancing a big sreen HD T.V. on their head loses control while driving and text-messaging, and slams into me. Or possibly the drunken farang on a huge motosai who is attempting to set a land speed record for two wheels and smashes into me from behind. Or maybe the outside chance of Hilly's driver finally snapping and he attempts to run down as many farangs as he can before he commits suicide.

Seriously, you riders in Pattaya, the name of a good place, it's location, and someone at the shop knowledgable to talk to as to the type of helmet? Thanks
mack is offline   Reply With Quote