Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 12:31 AM   #634
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post
Australia is fucked for this World Cup IMHO. Too many old players like Warner, Maxwell, Stoinis & Smith, too many are inconsistent Maxwell, Mitch Marsh, Stoinis, too many are out of form Green & Zampa, and only one recognised spinner when playing in India. Madness

By next year there will be a whole lot of limited-over players retiring or getting tapped so there will be a whole new crew replacing them. Not ideal

Hopefully, I am wrong and they start winning again,

Nahh ..... won't happen

Oh and that goes for the Test side as well

Not just me saying that

From the Roar

The link is HERE

The future looks bleak

Who wrote the above?

Old Bazz got it wrong again

Always good to beat India though. This one is extra special obviously as India was supposed to win. Over one billion Indians will be in mourning today and during their Diwali Festival to boot.

Can only bask in the glory for a few days though as Australia starts a T20 series against India on Thursday, four days after a World Cup final. That series finishes on Dec 3rd then the Australian International summer starts with a three-Test series against Pakistan followed by two Tests against the Windies. Hopefully Australia bloods some new players

And, of course, the bloody Big Bash on the domestic front

Plus I see we have ANOTHER T20 World Cup next year in the USA & West Indies for the whole of June right in the middle of the English cricket season. No international cricket in England until July.

Also, Zimbabwe is listed to come to England for Test cricket in 2025. The last time Zimbabwe played Australia in a Test series was in 2003 in Australia. They got absolutely hammered, nobody went to watch it and we have never played them in Test cricket since

ferocious (11-21-2023), Frankie (11-24-2023)