Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 09:00 PM   #633
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I blame The 100 as well, basically because I don't fuckin like it. I couldn't care less if KP Crisps XI beat the Tudor Crisps XI because it means absolutely fuck all. What The 100 has completely fucked is 50 overs cricket played by the Counties. The 50 overs Counties comp is now seen as a "development competition" by the ECB as the Counties agreed to release their first choice players to The 100. This was on the basis that each of the 18 Counties gets about £1.2m per season in compensation or, more realistically put, bribe money. Don't think the bribe money is factored into The 100 P+L Accounts though.

When this was first proposed the initial reaction was England, ironically just after winning the World Cup, would become shite at 50 overs cricket. Which is exactly what has happened. The counter argument is that other countries play little or no 50 overs domestic First Class cricket. Well I couldn't care less about that as my only concern is England and they are now shite at 50 overs cricket, as was predicted.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (11-04-2023)