View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiecoughlin View Post
mack....I really dug the limited episodes of "The Wire" I viewed....think I'll stop by the library and see if they have any copies of past episodes....thanks for the tip....

I am about to view Val Kilmer in "The Salton Sea".......a rather violent movie about the Meth subculture in California....
Thanks for the movie tip. Just went online and what do you know? The library has a copy! I'm second in line to get The Salton Sea...it sounds good tommie.

Suggestion: I don't know which episodes of The Wire you've seen or how long ago you watched them, but if it's been a while if I was you I'd start over from the beginning. Get season one and go from there, because the stories continue and the characters develop over time. It was kind of confusing at first but after several episodes the story line and characters made sense.

Here's a movie many haven't seen that's worth a renting imo, 'One False Move'. Bill Paxson is a rural sheriff, Billy Bob Thornton plays a great bad guy, it's from 1992. Siskel and Ebert recommended it on one of their 'hidden gems' movie review shows way back. There's a very brutal early scene that will make you squirm but after that there's violence but nothing quite as graphic as the early scene.

One False Move = a big fookin'
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mack For This Useful Post:
tommiecoughlin (08-05-2008)