Pattaya-Revealed.com

Pattaya-Revealed.com (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Slade Power (http://www.pattaya-revealed.com/showthread.php?t=16570)

bazzap 11-06-2014 07:46 AM

Slade Power

The cheeky Irish bastards want the local rules to be changed so the Irish horse, Slade Power can be put in last into the barriers.

:bigfinger

With the Caulfield Cup gone to the Nips, those Irish Coomore bastards getting our Cox Plate and the Nazis stealing the Melbourne Cup, there was no way the rules were going to be bent.

The previous races mentioned may be the most well known in Australia but for the racing purists (like meself ) THE race of the spring is the Darley Classic over 1200 metres this Saturday. The cre'me de la cre'me of Australia's powerhouse sprinters line up. Buffering, Lankan Rupee, Famous Seamus, Terravista, Rebel Dane and the new kid on the block Chautauqua who will start favourite. Throw in Slade Power to the mix and it will be a magnificent contest.

Have a look at the lead up race, the Manikato Stakes from a couple of weeks ago. One of the best races you will ever see. They went flat chat from go to whoa. The first 6 across the line finish within a neck of the winner.

Roll on Saturday

:cheers:

WankingWodger 11-06-2014 09:52 AM

Funny how the rules can be bent when it is an Aussie horse that needs a favour like Black Caviar.

Tinpot shite racing anyway and would serve them right if nobody bothered going there anymore

bazzap 11-06-2014 03:43 PM

They showed some footage on the telly of Slade Power practicing going into the barriers the other day. He is a mad bastard. Goes right off. So much so that Wayne Hawkes the trainer of Chautauqua who is drawn in the stall next to Slade Power asked that they put him one stall further out to avoid risking injury if the Irish horse goes berserk. The stewards told him to fuck off as well.

IMHO they should let him go in last. He has come a long way to race and it won't affect the other starters.

But I don't make the rules.

Quote:

Tinpot shite racing

Really?? Show me a race in the UK or Ireland that comes anywhere near the prize money of the Melbourne Cup, Queen Elizabeth Stakes, Golden Slipper etc

In fact an even better indication is the prize money for a standard Saturday race in Sydney or Melbourne. Minimum $85K per race.

All paid for by silly mug punters who will never learn.

WankingWodger 11-06-2014 07:53 PM

You can have all the prize money you like but you will never have the history or heritage that we have.

I wonder what NH racing you have this weekend or indeed what is the Aussie equivalent of the Cheltenham festival ? Probably trotting from Bumba Wumba

monsterman 11-07-2014 09:23 AM

fancy some nice horse steaks sometimes . cant get them in Pattaya or UK .

bazzap 11-08-2014 01:54 AM

Wodger, I always follow numbers 5 & 9 in the Melbourne Group 1 races. That's how I backed Protectionist in the Melbourne Cup

Guess who is #5 today in the Darley Sprint??

Go you Irish bastard!!!!

:leprechaun::irishflag: